Please use the correct bins to sort your waste. If you put waste in the wrong bins, the entire waste load may become unrecoverable.
Find out more about waste sorting:
The most common hazardous household waste includes electrical and electronic equipment, energy-saving light bulbs, fluorescent tubes and batteries. Take your hazardous waste and electrical equipment to the Ylä-Savon jätekeskus recycling site at Kierrätyskatu 15, 74140 Iisalmi. Check the opening hours here.
- Milk and juice cartons
- Cardboard boxes
- Drink packaging wraps
- Pizza boxes, flour bags, biscuit packets
- Detergent and shampoo bottles
- Plastic bags and wraps
- Plastic bottles
- Plastic food packaging, such as yogurt pots and packaging for cooked meats
Please only recycle clean and dry packaging. Put dirty plastic waste in the mixed waste bin.
- Metal objects, jars, tops and lids
- Aluminium foil
- Empty and dry paint tins
- Glass jars
- Non-deposit glass bottles
Remove the tops and lids. You don’t need to remove the labels. Please only recycle empty and clean glass containers.
- Newspapers, magazines and advertising
- Printer paper
- Food waste
- Fruit and vegetable peelings
- Kitchen roll
- Potting compost and plants
- Coffee grounds and tea bags
Drain the liquids. Please place all organic waste in a biodegradable bag before putting it in the bin.
Do not use plastic bags or wrapping